Bonita’s Weekend Itinerary
Meet Bonita Jenkins
Meet Bonita Jenkins, a smart education professional living in Augusta, GA and spending her weekends exploring the history and heritage of our soulful city. Join her for an unforgettable historical adventure you won't soon forget with her favorite must-see attractions, restaurants, and explorations throughout the city.
- Check into the Partridge Inn located in the historic Summerville neighborhood
- Start off the weekend with a guided tour of the Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson
- Dig into a decadent dinner at Augustino's in downtown Augusta
- Then catch a show or the latest act at the James Brown Arena or the Bell Auditorium
- Begin your day learning the history of Augusta’s favorite son on the James Brown Bus Tour
- Be sure to stop by the Augusta Museum of History for more on James Brown and the rest of Augusta’s legends
- An Augusta history experience would not be complete without a guided tour of the Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History
- Jump across the river to experience a hidden gem for dinner at DeShawn's Seafood
- Close out the night with an evening walk along downtown Augusta’s beautiful Riverwalk
- Explore Augusta’s suburbs with a trip to Lady A park
- Walk the canal trail back to downtown Augusta along the scenic Savannah River
- Refuel after all that exercise at Whiskey Bar Kitchen in downtown Augusta
- If you happen to be in town for Historic Augusta’s Downtown Loft Tour (October 2-3) or Walk with the Spirits (October 24-25), they are definitely worth adding to your weekend plans.
Where is she?
The Augusta Museum of History is a must stop for all history buffs. Their preservation and presentation of local and regional history is unparalleled. Take a journey through Augusta and experience everything that has made this community what it is. Travel through time: www.augustamuseum.org.