Arts and Photography
Meet Chris, a freelance videographer living just outside of downtown Augusta, GA! Join Chris for an outdoor, artsy weekend as he hits up his favorite spots on foot.
His Augusta Weekend
- Check into the Augusta Marriott hotel in downtown
- Walk down to Farmhaus Burger for a gourmet cheeseburger and onion rings
- Step next door for a cocktail at Craft & Vine
- Venture a few blocks down to Ubora Coffee Roasters for a croissant and coffee
- Make your way to the Augusta Market at the River for local products and fresh produce
- Head toward Broad Street to snap photos of Augusta’s downtown murals and famous I. M. Pei architecture
- Enjoy an afternoon hike at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park
- Fuel up with brunch at Augustino's
- Grab your camera and hit the Augusta Riverwalk, accessible from the hotel
- Access the Morris Museum of Art from the Riverwalk and peruse the museum’s current exhibits
Where is he?
In Augusta, we’re big on public art. Around every corner, you’re likely to find a vibrant, oversized mural—and, let’s be real, ‘grammable photo op. Explore the city on foot and you’re likely to find some fun selfie spots!
Take the James Brown mural tour, The James Brown Family Historical Tour, and the Soul Starts Here, James Brown Journey Sidewalk Vinyl Tour to learn about the Godfather of Soul's hometown.