Katie's Weekend Itinerary
Meet Katie Morgan
North Augusta, SC
Meet Katie Morgan, a vibrant public relations professional living in North Augusta, SC and playing in Augusta, GA. Join her for an unforgettable arts and culture focused weekend in the Garden City that you won't soon forget with her favorite must-see attractions, restaurants, and shopping experiences.
- Arrive at Hyatt House located in downtown Augusta to settle-in & unpack
- Freshen up to visit the Hyatt House Rooftop Bar for a pre-dinner drink and incredible skyline view of the city
- Take a quick walk to the Westobou Gallery to see the latest emerging and experimental artist exhibit
- Walk down the block to enjoy tapas and sangria at The Bee's Knees
- Beat the heat with an early trip to Bedford Greenhouses for indoor & outdoor plant shopping
- Head back downtown to drop off your plants and continue shopping at Vintage Ooolee
- Refuel with tacos and margaritas in the sunshine at Nacho Mama's
- Enjoy a leisurely afternoon of candle making with Augusta scents like magnolia and azalea at the Augusta Candle Co. just a few blocks away from the Hyatt House
Where is she?
The Morris Museum of Art is a pantheon of the arts. Located on the Riverwalk in historic downtown Augusta, the Morris is the oldest museum in the country devoted to the art and artists of the American South. Their multifaceted collection of 5,000 works of art and continually changing featured exhibits and programs make the Morris a true interpretation of the culture of the South in all its forms. Experience the culture and soak in the art: www.themorris.org.