The Augustan's Halloweekend
We celebrated spooky season all October long but today is officially Halloween! Celebrate with a few of our favorite local activities, cocktails, and spooktacular recommendations for a day EVEN SCARIER than 2020 itself.
Photo credit: We totally adore this photo of these tiny ghouls at Sno-Cap Drive-In! Thanks for sharing @fox.and.co.photography and @snocap_na 👻
If you're sharing anything for spooky season, tag us #loveaugusta.
A Mummy's Morning
Start your Halloween morning by grabbing a cappuccino or latte at Ubora Coffee Roasters - we spookily suggest ordering a Pumpkin Spice Latte or the Butter Beer Latte (scalding hot). For all you last-minute celebrators, pick your pumpkin already! We fully suggest making your way to Good Earth Produce & Garden Center to grab one - bonus items included pre-made boiled peanuts and fresh fall apples.
Give Good Earth Produce a visit and a follow on Instagram @goodearthproduce.
For all you downtown Dracula's, we recommend you swing by the Augusta Candle Co. to make a pumpkin & sweater weather inspired candle for a lasting spooky season scent. Wait an hour for your candle to BREW by grabbing lunch at Noble Jones AKA Noble BONES in downtown Augusta, as they dance & shake their way through Halloween. They're serving up a stuffed lobster tail that is to DIE for this season.
If you're spending your afternoon in Surrey Center, we suggest ordering a charcuterie board from Finch & Fifth, enjoying the outdoor dining scene, and doing a little sweater shopping at The Swank Co. or Fab'rik.
Those delicious Bloody Mary's above? Those are The Bee's Knees and Finch & Fifth.
Evening of Evil
Get your costumes out and swing through Craft & Vine as they celebrate all Hallow's Eve as a carnival of clowns. We recommend ordering the “The DEAD Beet," made with Empress Gin, Pimms, Rosemary Simple, and Beet Shrub 🥀
We know you love a good cocktail that is as tasty as it is beautiful for Instagram so we're including our list below.
- Swing by Finch & Fifth to try the Bonfire 🔥 Godiva chocolate liqueur, crane de cacao vanilla, house-made s'mores simple syrup, house-made chocolate drizzle, & topped with a toasted marshmallow.
- Order the Moonage Dream: A carefully crafted cocktail from Frog Hollow Tavern made with Knob Creek Bourbon, House Made Pear Cider, Lemon Juice & Honey Syrup. 🍐
- For $5 at Finch & Fifth try the Black Flag Cider made with cinnamon, clove-infused apple cider with dark rum, and topped with house-made whipped cream & sprinkles. 🖤
- The Spice World cocktail at Pineapple Ink Tavern in downtown Augusta has a spiced rim that will snuggle you into all your fall dreams 🍂 this downtown location has outdoor dining & a full fall cocktail menu.
- Swing through downtown Augusta and visit Craft & Vine, the place where cocktails come ALIVE, and order the Smashing Pumpkin 🎃 C&V Cinnamon Infused Tequila, La Valdontaine Amaro, C&V Pumpkin Butter, & Orange.
Tag your favorite Augusta cocktail on social media using #loveaugusta.
Staying home this Halloweekend? Grab a six-pack of brews from Savannah River Brewing Co., we suggest swiping the Swamp Thing to keep the spook going or swing by Second City Distilling Co. or Riverwatch Brewery for custom cocktail fixings.