Top Things To Do At The Augusta Riverwalk
The Augusta Riverwalk is a multi-level brick trail spanning from 6th to 10th Streets along the banks of the Savannah River and serves as the front porch of our city and one of our most popular parks. If you're looking for a place to stroll or exercise while taking in the fresh air and gorgeous scenery, the Augusta Riverwalk is the place for you.
1. Enjoy a stroll along the entire Augusta Riverwalk while experiencing views of the Savannah River at sunrise or sunset and everything in between.
2. Enjoy LIVE concerts at the Jessye Norman Amphitheater in the Spring or Summer. The amphitheater is named for Augusta native, Ms. Norman, opera singer, and recitalist.
3. Experience the Augusta Market at the River on Saturdays starting March - November. Artists and craftspeople line the 8th Street entrance to the Riverwalk offering unique, handmade wares and delicious food from local chefs. Walk away with locally roasted coffee, fresh baked goods, and regional produce.
4. Riverwalk Stage Park connects to the levee breach area complete with a stage for Spring and Summer entertainment as well as swing benches to take in the river breeze and views.
5. Bring the kids to play in the fountain at the 8th Street entrance during the warm months or at the children's playground on the lower level year-round.
7. Get the best view of the Savannah River by walking over to the 5th Street Pedestrian Bridge located at the end of the Riverwalk. The bridge provides seating, children's games, and great lighting for spectacular selfies.
8. Experience Heroes Overlook. 10th Street Plaza leads you through the levee as it opens into the Heroes Overlook at the Augusta Riverwalk. The overlook is a memorial honoring those men and women from our community who have been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, the Distinguished Service Cross, or the Navy Cross. Surrounding this memorial is a Memory Walkway with more than 900 bricks inscribed with the names of loved ones, organizations, and events to be honored and remembered.
9. Eat at one of the nearby restaurants or enjoy a drink at a local distillery located steps away from the Augusta Riverwalk. Dine at Augustino's Italian Eatery, Boll Weevil Cafe & Sweetery, Beamie's at the River, or Noble Jones or have a drink or tour at 2nd City Distilling Co. There's something for all taste buds.
10. Explore fun on the water at the 5th Street Marina located on the North end of the Riverwalk. The marina offers a gift shop, kayak rentals, public restrooms, and parking.
11. Discover beautiful sculptures on the Augusta Sculpture Trail. Of the 14 sculptures, six can be found on the Augusta Riverwalk. This is a great experience for children and adults, which provides amazing photo opportunities.
How to Access the Augusta Riverwalk:
The upper level is accessible via stairways and ramps located at the ends of 10th Street, 8th Street Plaza & 6th Streets and the lower level are accessed by the RiverWalk Marina (5th Street), the 8th Street Plaza, the Jessye Norman Amphitheatre, and the 10th Plaza (in front of the Augusta Marriott).
Pause and take a selfie or a snapshot of the Savannah River – don’t forget to share with @VisitAugusta on all social media platforms and use the hashtags #LoveAugusta