14 Places to Celebrate National Dog Day
Grab your leashes and fur baby because we are celebrating #NationalDogDay here in Augusta. Whether you take a brisk walk on one of our favorite trails or grab a "puppacino" at a local coffee shop, grab your furry friend and celebrate with our pup-friendly recommendations throughout the city.
Photo credit: That adorable pup up top? That's @sweetbernerboomer.
You had us at woof
Here is a list of pup-friendly lodging, shopping and outdoor dining:
- Augusta & Co.: Located in downtown Augusta, pop into our experience center with your four-legged friend to shop locally made products.
- 2nd City Distilling Co.: This downtown distillery allows you to celebrate custom cocktails and your sweet 'Fido' simultaneously.
- Savannah River Brewing: Swing by this brewery and grab a 'Witty Belgian' as you sit with your pup at the bar.
- Riverwatch Brewing: Grabbing a craft beer might be frowned upon for your dog, but bringing bacon-flavored pup treats for your furry friend as you sit on the patio.
- Bodega Ultima: Sip a cappuccino on the shaded patio of this Surrey Center favorite with your treat-loving best friend.
- The Pizza Joint: One thing you and your pup have in common? A love for pepperonis and outdoor seating. Grab both at this downtown location.
- The Hyatt House Hotel: Awarded one of the best pet-friendly hotels, this location is in walking-distance from downtown restaurants and shopping so you'll never have to load up the car.
- The Partridge Inn Hotel: A charming home away from home allows your pets to tag-along.
- Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center: This hotel is located right off the Riverwalk making it a great location for you and your pup to get your steps in.
Don’t stop retrievin’
Here is a list of four-legged trails & parks:
- Pendleton King Park: Does your pup enjoy a game of fetch? We recommend this place for wide open spaces & lots of running.
- Augusta Riverwalk: This is a great walking path to use while going through downtown to break up the city buildings and see the Savannah River.
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park: The swamp has great trails for both human & pup, with some AMAZING views (and pics).
- Savannah Rapids Pavilion: Be prepared to receive all the puppy-love visiting the pavilion with over 33-acres of fresh air and the great outdoors.
- The Greeneway: This trail is a little more laid back and located right on the river; winding through neighborhoods with lots of shade.
Grab a photo with your pup and share using the hashtag #loveaugusta
Puppybelle, created and operated here in Augusta, is an online store with dog accessories ranging from Augusta love to your pets favorite sports team. Augusta is also home to homemade dog treats made by Paws & Claws Pet Bakery that even creates birthday cakes shaped like a milkbone. You can shop both in Augusta & Co. or by visiting the online store.
We encourage our visitors and locals to practice safe social distancing while exploring our beautiful city, and to continue following recommendations for travel, sanitation, and safety given by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Effective July 10 through September 8, the Mayor of Augusta has issued an executive order requiring masks to be worn while participating in public activities. For more information, view our guidance on masks and social distancing.