Support Black-Owned Businesses
Here in Augusta we stand in solidarity with our black community. Our thriving city takes pride in our commitment to promoting a healthy and equitable environment for our residents and visitors. Augusta’s River Region has become a place that so many people love through our work in diminishing societal divides based on race, class, gender, and sexual orientation. Every voice of our community is worth commemorating and Augusta’s black community plays an integral role in creating the many authentic experiences of this soulful city. We are compiling a list of a few of our favorite black-owned businesses in Augusta’s River Region that value your continued support not only during times like these, but every day.
That mural above? Painted by Leonard 'Porkchop' Zimmerman.
- Soul(tre), LLC - A faith-based company that offers quality handcrafted, plant-based health and beauty products for the entire family. Bonus? These products can also be found in Augusta & Co.
- Big Mama’s Soul Food - A southern restaurant with all the soul food goodies. They also offer catering.
- Cafe 209 - A daytime cafe serving the best down-home southern cooking in a relaxed space with sidewalk seating.
- Fielding Bros BBQ, LLC - A local restaurant with the best finger-lickin' BBQ in the South. They also offer catering.
- Humanitree House - An organic juice bar and art gallery in the cultural corridor of downtown Augusta.
- Jackie M’s and Son Café - A hole-in-the-wall southern comfort food and dessert eatery.
- Jamaica Way Restaurant - A Caribbean restaurant with an at home atmosphere and dining experience that is just as pleasing to the senses as it is to the palate.
- Whipped Creamery- A one-stop novelty shop for gourmet frozen desserts reminiscent of your favorite treats from the past.
Our Local Expert
Please visit a local blogger, Kendall Green’s 100+ Black Owned Businesses blog for a list of more local black-owned businesses.
We encourage our visitors and locals to practice safe social distancing while exploring our beautiful city, and to continue following recommendations for travel, sanitation, and safety given by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).