Here in Augusta we stand in solidarity with our black community. Our thriving city takes pride in our commitment to promoting a healthy and equitable environment for our residents and visitors. Augusta’s River Region has become a place that so many people love through our work in diminishing societal divides based on race, class, gender, and sexual orientation. Every voice of our community is worth commemorating and Augusta’s black community plays an integral role in creating the many authentic experiences of this soulful city. We are compiling a list of a few of our favorite black-owned businesses in Augusta’s River Region that value your continued support not only during times like these, but every day.
That mural above? Painted by Leonard 'Porkchop' Zimmerman.
- Soul(tre), LLC - A faith-based company that offers quality handcrafted, plant-based health and beauty products for the entire family. Bonus? These products can also be found in Augusta & Co.
- Curvitude Boutique - A boutique and fashion hub that provides clothing and accessories for the modern woman of all shapes and sizes.
- Goody Two Shoes - A shoe store homegrown in Augusta selling quality shoes for the whole family, as well as jewelry and accessories.
- Bites and Brushes - A local art and entertainment studio comprised of a small group of local artists that offer the most diverse range of art to suit every taste.
- Toaste of Augusta - One of Augusta's modern intimate venues that can also double as a bed & breakfast.
- BabyCakes Café - A bakery offering only the best homemade cupcakes and frostings.
- Big Mama’s Soul Food - A southern restaurant with all the soul food goodies. They also offer catering.
- Cafe 209 - A daytime cafe serving the best down-home southern cooking in a relaxed space with sidewalk seating.
- Fielding Bros BBQ, LLC - A local restaurant with the best finger-lickin' BBQ in the South. They also offer catering.
- Humanitree House - An organic juice bar and art gallery in the cultural corridor of downtown Augusta.
- Jackie M’s and Son Café - A hole-in-the-wall southern comfort food and dessert eatery.
- Jamaica Way Restaurant - A Caribbean restaurant with an at home atmosphere and dining experience that is just as pleasing to the senses as it is to the palate.
- Whipped Creamery- A one-stop novelty shop for gourmet frozen desserts reminiscent of your favorite treats from the past.
Our Local Expert
Please visit a local blogger, Kendall Green’s 100+ Black Owned Businesses blog for a list of more local black-owned businesses.
We encourage our visitors and locals to practice safe social distancing while exploring our beautiful city, and to continue following recommendations for travel, sanitation, and safety given by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Effective July 10 through September 8, the Mayor of Augusta has issued an executive order requiring masks to be worn while participating in public activities. For more information, view our guidance on masks and social distancing.