Get to know Augusta through interesting stories, trip ideas, lists of top attractions, and more. Come See Augusta!
Top 5 Reasons to Meet in Augusta
- Us – Destination Augusta prides itself on making each meeting and event in our city remarkable. As locals ourselves, it’s our mission to provide trusted insight and knowledge to make every trip to Augusta a legendary one. From welcome packets to group-specific landing pages, we offer unparalleled attention to every guest.
- Location – Whether a group comes from another state or within Georgia, access off Interstate-20 and Highway 25 makes Augusta a natural choice. The city is centrally located within 2.5 hours of Atlanta, Charlotte, Savannah, and Charleston. Augusta Regional Airport also hosts Delta and American Airlines.
- Affordability – Some of Augusta’s most attractive amenities are the reasonable rates and unique yet affordable dining options. Augusta is dedicated to delivering the highest quality at a nominal cost, so you can truly enjoy every minute.
- Local Fare – Augusta’s thriving culinary scene combines locally sourced ingredients in exciting twists on Southern favorites and beyond. This chef-driven city has everything from the best traditional Southern barbeque to the latest modern fare.
- Downtown Walkability – While in Augusta, there’s rarely a need to hail a ride. Augusta’s walkability and mild climate allow guests to walk from their meeting space to restaurants, museums, shopping, and nightlife. There are over 30 locally owned businesses in a three-block area.
Check out a few of our favorite #MeetInAugusta photos and videos below, then share your Augusta experiences on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.