Christmas in the Quarters
- Redcliffe Plantation
Discover the Christmas holiday as the enslaved families of Redcliffe Plantation experienced it more than 170 years ago.
This tour of Redcliffe’s decorated slave cabin and mansion explores both the struggles and the joys that enslaved families experienced during the holidays through personal stories, historic documents, crafts, sing-alongs and more.
Explore a different theme every Saturday.
• Dec. 2 – Food and Feasting: features a food tasting
• Dec. 9 – Holydays and Free Time: includes a special story time
• Dec. 16 – Family and Friends: includes a family tree craft
• Dec. 23 – Song and Celebration: features a spiritual sing-along
• Dec. 30 – Gifts and Giving: includes plantation games and crafts.
Tour space is limited to 30 people and is first-come, first-serve. No reservations are required.