Augusta Arsenal/ Augusta University

The Augusta Arsenal was a 19th-century fortification in Augusta, Georgia. Established in 1816 and initially completed on the Georgia bank of the Savannah River in 1819, it was moved to the former Belle Vue estate, now Augusta University Summerville campus, in the Summerville neighborhood of Augusta in 1827 due to health concerns after several fever epidemics. The arsenal commandant's house, one of the original four arsenal buildings, is now known as the Stephen Vincent Benét House at Augusta University. It was designated as a National Historic Landmark on November 11, 1971.

Harry Jacobs Chamber Music Society presents the Morgenstern Piano Trio

  • Summerville Campus, Augusta University

The Morgenstern Trio will perform both French repertoire and music from their native Germany. They have been compared to the legendary Beaux Arts Trio by the Washington Post, and have been awarded honors at competitions in Germany, the US, Austria, and Australia.