The past few months have brought on a lot of…well, just a lot. Whether youʼre visiting for the weekend or just need a day, an afternoon, or even an hour off, treat yourself in Augusta with the perfect spa spots and shops for the most relaxing “me day."
Photo credit: That beautiful salt cave above is all Sol Himalayan Salt Cave and Spa.
Nothing says “spa day” like feeling luxuriously taken care of while letting your mind peacefully wander. Whether a massage, a facial, a hair cut and style, or all three is what your body needs, Augusta has the perfect places to help you feel pampered.
- Cucumber and Mint is the cutest salon to step away from the world and love your hair with their cuts, colors, and stylings, love your skin with their skin care, waxes, and facials (including a NEW HydraFacial), and love your face with their lash and brow services. If youʼre like us and just canʼt get enough, shop their favorite beauty products and tools online.
- Halo Salon & Spa is located in downtown Augusta and will pamper you all day long with a variety of massages, facials and a full haircare menu to have you feeling like new.
- Retreat Spa and Salon is your one-stop shop to cover all of your self-care needs including nail care, hair cuts and colors, massages and facials, and waxing and lashes. Treat yourself with their spa packages to indulge in multiple services at a discounted price.
- Tuscany Spa is your escape to the Italian coast for relaxation and calming balance with their spa services such as facials, hydrotherapy, massages, and skin care. You can also grab a gift certificate to treat a friend to a spa day too.
- The Willcox is worth the day-trip to Aiken to schedule a spa appointment and a lunch by the pool for a fully relaxing day. Grab your hubby or boyfriend and get a couples massage for 90-minutes well spent together.
Be sure to check out the social distancing guidelines and increased sanitation measures for each location listed above. Each spa & salon have designated additional sanitation to make your relaxing day as safe as possible.
Pro Tip: Most massages are by appointment only so be sure to book yours today!
Take your spa day to the next level and try Sol Himalayan Salt Cave and Spa for the most tranquil escape from the dayʼs stressors. Spend an hour or so easing your mind and body by listening to the soft sounds, breathing deeply, and absorbing the Himalayan salt minerals through their salt cave for adults or kids. Also, check out their private zen room and full spectrum sauna or try a yoga class in the cave.
The cave is currently taking private appointments and increasing all sanitation measure to accommodate their guests. Be sure to give them a call for more information.
If your past few months have consisted of work-from-home, school-from-home, exercise-from-home, or cocktail hour-from-home, why not relax-from-home, too? Put on some music, light a candle, escape from the chaos, and find the perfect smelling spa products from one of these places who bring the spa to you.
- Field Botanicals carries cruelty free, vegan, and high quality products for everything self-care from head to toe. If you buy all three products of their Field beauty line, you even get free shipping.
- Swank is a great go-to for clothes and gifts, but one of our favorite Swank finds is their bath bombs. Try any their unique scents from Belle and Blush to make your soak extra special.
- The Scott Family Farmʼs Honey Bee Body Products are all made locally with love and natural ingredients. Come find their bath bombs at Augusta & Co. or try their other sweet smelling products sold at Good Earth.
- Be sure to complete your at-home spa day with magnolia or azalea scented candles from Augusta Candle Company. Make your own custom scent from a wall of scents offered in their downtown location.
Pro Tip: Businesses listed above are also doing curbside pickup & delivery - be sure to check them out!
Men deserve self-care too, right?
We know the men work hard too and need to feel pampered every once in a while, and Menʼs Refinery is just the place to bring more to the barbershop. They go above and beyond with a lounge, full swing golf simulator, and even after hours live music. Grab a beer, bring your friends, get a hair cut and shave, and enjoy your spa day in “the ultimate man cave.” Ask about their monthly membership packages for your haircuts and beard treatments along with a free neck shave or aromatherapy scalp treatment and discounts from their partners.
We encourage our visitors and locals to practice safe social distancing while exploring our beautiful city, and to continue following recommendations for travel, sanitation, and safety given by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Effective July 10 through September 8, the Mayor of Augusta has issued an executive order requiring masks to be worn while participating in public activities. For more information, view our guidance on masks and social distancing.