Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau
(706) 724-4067 · VisitAugusta.com
560 Reynolds Street Augusta, GA 30901
The 2020 Tourism Grant Online Application will made available on or before Friday, October 4, 2019. CLICK HERE to view the 2020 Tourism Grant Guidelines. CLICK HERE to view a PDF sample of the 2020 Tourism Grant Application.
If yes, please provide the funding source and amount?
First Time Applicants provide the following as attachments
1) A list of your Board of Directors including name, employer, position, business address, phone, and email.
2) A brief proposal summary explaining the primary benefits of your program or event as it relates to this grant addressing the questions and specifications listed below. For events, please provide detailed event schedules, dates, duration, frequency and venues (2-page maximum).
a. Provide a (1) description, including history/background of the project.(2) how your project will increase visitation and/or enhance the visitor experience and (3) how it will impact your business. Include expected percentage increases in customers, overnight visitation, and estimated economic impact.
b. How many customers/visitors did your business or event receive the past two full calendar years? Provide any demographic information you have about your customers/visitors, i.e. age, income, geographic location of residency, etc.
c. If your project cannot be fully funded, how would you adapt the project?
d. Explain how your project fits into the current tourism and events landscape? Is there a need for this kind of program/event?
e. Identify competing projects or like-events held within the region?
f. Outline how you intend to evaluate the project/events (i.e. survey methods, ticket sales, key performance indicators (KPI’s), etc.) and whether this varies from the most recent method applied to this project/event.
g. Provide Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT analysis)
3) A marketing plan for attracting out-of-market visitors to Augusta. (1-page maximum) o Include specific media and public relations plan, target markets, advertising plans, other out of area promotional plans, and Augusta CVB co-op advertising opportunities (see Marketing Opportunities Planner).
4) A proposed budget for the project with Tourism Grant request line-item detail(1-page maximum).
5) Methods for calculating the number of delegates, attendance statistics (surveys, ticket sales, etc.) and hotel room nights.
6) A copy of your sponsorship benefits package if applicable.
Please reference the Product Development Criteria here before submitting application
Please list the projects specific to your organization for which you are requesting funds. Rank them in the order of their importance, with one being the highest. Example: print advertising, digital advertising, website enhancements, advertising outside of the Augusta CVB Co-op.
Please review the grant guidelines, complete the entire application and include the required attachments.
If you would like to submit a hardcopy or electronic PDF copy of this application, please submit to Lindsay Fruchtl (Please review the grant guidelines, complete the entire application and include the required attachments. Submit one electronic copy to Lindsay Fruchtl (Lindsay@VisitAugusta.com) and Jennifer Bowen (Jennifer@VisitAugusta.com) and one printed copy to:
Mail To: Delivery:
Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau
Tourism Grant Program Tourism Grant Program
P.O. Box 1331 1010 Broad Street
Augusta, Georgia 30903-1331 Augusta, Georgia 30901
Applications must be received by the Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Lindsay Fruchtl at the Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau at 706.823.6606 or Lindsay@VisitAugusta.com.
* Indicates a required field.