Nature & Outdoors
Evening hikes and music cruises. Kayaking. Horseback riding. However you prefer to get out in nature, don’t miss these top 5 things to do, events and attractions:
- Full Moon Hikes at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park: Enjoy the beauty of the swamp by moonlight during this guided tour.
- Music Cruises along the Augusta Canal: Pack a picnic dinner and a bottle of wine (or a growler of beer) and let local and regional musicians serenade you as you drift down the canal aboard a Petersburg Boat.
- Kayaking at Betty’s Branch with Cole Watkins Tours: No kayaks? No problem. Rent one and schedule a tour with Cole Watkins Tours at Betty’s Branch – a local favorite.
- Night Sky Exploration at Dupont Planetarium: Learn the legends behind constellations or take a trip to Mars without ever leaving your seat.
- Guided Horseback Trail Rides at Almost Heaven Stables: Take a couple’s tour through wooded trails on horseback.