Historic Tours & Itineraries
Trolley tours. Boat tours. Home tours. However you prefer to uncover history, don’t miss these top 5 events and attractions.
- Historic Trolley Tour of Augusta: As the second oldest city in Georgia, we’ve got plenty of stories to tell. After you hop off the trolley, take a tour of the Augusta Museum of History – included with your ticket!
- Black History Trolley Tour: Learn how many notable African Americans shaped and influenced Augusta during this trolley tour of more than 25 black heritage sites and stories told through art, history and everyday lives. Afterwards, tour the Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History – included with your ticket!
- Civil War Boat Tour: This hour-long “Food, Fabric & Firepower Tour” presents the behind-the-lines story of the Confederate Powder Works and Augusta’s major role in supplying Southern troops during the Civil War.
- Tours of Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson: Before Woodrow Wilson began shaping American history, he was just a boy growing up in Augusta during the Civil War. Hear his story and tour the home where a future president showed his first signs of leadership.
- Augusta Ghost Trolley Tour: From grave robbing to cursed pillars – tour Augusta’s most haunted attractions and hear the tales behind their spooky origins.