Join the Movement & Ride Augusta
MEET SARA LOKEY
Music Teacher, Augusta, GA
Join Sara for an unforgettable fall weekend in Augusta by signing up for the annual Paceline Ride to fight cancer! Paceline is about rallying our community to team together to prevent, fight, and eradicate cancer. Paceline is a casual, fun bike ride and has a place for everyone.
SARA’S PACELINE WEEKEND (October 15th-17th)
- Arrive at the Hyatt House located in downtown Augusta to unpack & unwind
- Enjoy a healthy dinner with vegan options at The Southern Salad, a quick walk from the lobby of the hotel
Sara's ProTip: Swing by the rooftop bar located at the Hyatt House for the best view of the city & a cocktail.
Saturday - Ride Day!
- Up early and off to the starting line! The route encompasses some of the most beautiful parts of the State of Georgia. You’ll ride from the beautiful Summerville neighborhood of Augusta all the way out to Thomson. Don’t forget to take in all the geographic changes between the two spots!
- Back to the Hyatt House to rest and freshen up after an exhilarating day
- Enjoy a craft beer in downtown Augusta at the Hive Bodega, a small community store and tavern
- Dinner at Craft & Vine (order the wood-fired pizza)
Sara's ProTip: Grab a growler at The Hive for craft beer to-go.
- Bike over the river to Hammonds Ferry and grab a 'goodbye' lunch at the Larder
Sara's ProTip: Enjoy the splendid southern weather by opting to sit outside on the patio of the Larder.
For the millions of Americans whose lives have been affected by cancer, we are Paceline. A community boldly facing cancer together, as riders, virtual riders, volunteers, and partners, committed to raising money to fund cancer research. Anyone can join the Paceline, and unlike other charitable events, 100% of the money raised goes directly to life-saving research at the Georgia Cancer Center.
Together, we can cure cancer faster. For more information and to register, visit Pacelineride.org.
Places in this Article
Swing through and try all of Sara's top picks as she visits Augusta to join the fight against cancer for Paceline. Didn't quite catch them all? We have you covered with everything you need below.
Hyatt House Augusta
More than home to one of the world’s great golf tournaments, Augusta is a town where musicians, artists, and travelers gather by the banks of the...
Craft & Vine
We are a cocktail bar and eatery politely tucked away on Broad Street in downtown Augusta, Georgia. Featuring hand-crafted cocktails, an elegant wine...
Delightful groceries, coffees, drinks, sandwiches and other food items. Order breakfast or lunch, rent a bike and hop on the North Augusta Greeneway...