In the 1940’s, Horace Usry, The Fat Man, took over his father Darnell’s grocery store, changing the name from Sanitary Curb Market to Fat Man’s Corner. Soon after, the first restaurant, The Pit, appeared as a natural extension into food service.
The Pit (later named Fatsville Chow and then Fat Man’s Cafe) was always there serving up Miss Pearl’s famous fried chicken and squash casserole.
Now located at historic Enterprise Mill, Fat Man’s Mill Cafe along with the Enterprise Mill Events Center carries the Fat Man’s name and tradition of top quality and friendly service. From events to catering to dine-in lunch the Fat Man’s still does it all!