2019 Augusta Film
We are proud of the accomplishments thus far this year as the film commission for the City of Augusta. This division of the Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau continues to successfully position and promote our region as a preferred destination for film production. We also are strengthening our relationships with local filmmakers and crew to ensure success for all involved.
2019 Industry Activity by FILM Augusta
Hosted six film industry contacts for tours of Augusta:
- High-ranking executive from major cable network during Masters
- Jamie Linden, screenwriter of We Are Marshall and Money Monster, during Masters
- Episodic television show location scout from major cable network (follow up from Masters hosting)
- Location scout from major motion picture (genre: action blockbuster)
- Location scout from major motion picture (genre: horror)
- Production team for micro-budget, faith-based film Tulsa*
- Production team for One Heart (FILM Augusta logo will be present in credits)*
*selected Augusta as filming location
Formed a seven-member advisory panel of local filmmaking stakeholders to grow community engagement in the film registration process and guidelines. First meeting is Monday, July 22.
Assisted six productions through the Film Augusta Registration process
(Oxygen Network True Crime series episode(s), One Heart, Tulsa, a musical documentary for public broadcast, a fishing show for public broadcast, a major motion picture (not fully confirmed/in process)
Note: in 2018, we assisted eight projects total. At mid-year, growth of incoming productions is apparent.
Attended two evening Southeastern Filmmaker meetings at Indiegrip studios to connect with local filmmakers and crew to build awareness of our services. FILM Augusta a Sponsor at Major Short Film Festival
In August, the FILM Augusta staff will travel to Hollywood, California to build relationships and awareness nationally at a short film festival. the HollyShorts film festival showcases the best and brightest short films from around the globe, advancing the careers of filmmakers through screenings, networking events, and various panel and forums. Our staff will attend the festival from August 8-11.
Saving Zoë is available on Amazon now! Filmed primarily in Augusta, get together with your friends, rent or buy the movie, and see how many local places you recognize.
2019 FILM OBJECTIVES2019 Film Objectives
- Recruit new productions
- Provide exceptional service to productions in Augusta
- Collaborate with Augusta film partners
- Research additional space for use as a sound stage
- Engage local education institutions and the GA Film Academy in discussions
- Maximize membership in Association of Film Commissioners International