Film Advisory Panel
In 2019, we formed a 10-member advisory panel of local filmmaking stakeholders to grow community engagement in the film registration process and guidelines. In the future, the panel hopes to focus on arts education to bring on-set training opportunities to film students and at-risk youth.
Members of the panel include:
- Dr. Rebecca Stout, Vice President of Economic Development at Augusta Technical College
- Matthew Buzzell, Emmy-nominated Filmmaker + Augusta University Film Professor
- Mark Crump, Location Manager, Production Manager, + Producer
- Dr. Wesley Kisting, Associate Dean at Augusta University (oversees filmmaking and performance faculty)
- Nick Laws, Sound Mixer, Boom Operator, + Director of Photography + President of Augusta Southeastern Filmmakers
- Daniel Sol, Co-founder of Hollyshorts Film Festival (Oscar qualifying festival) + Co-founder of Bitpix Short Film Streaming Service
- Susan Ratliff, Producer
- Sincerai Stallings, Entertainment Lawyer
- Terrence Williams, Key Grip + Operations Manager at IndieGrip Studio
- Barbara Zagrodnik (Lewis) - Writer, Director, + Assistant Director
- Krys Bailey, Black Cat Picture Show Film Festival Curator
- Jayson Akridge, Instructor for Speech & Theater at Augusta Technical College, Writer, + Director (work performed as part of the New York International Fringe Festival by the Honest Theater Co. in Chicago and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival)
- Teri Burnette, Chair of Department of Media Studies at Paine College
Film Augusta Partners
This micro-studio is an asset to crews filming in Augusta's River Region. IndieGrip provides gear rental, crew services, a production office, and a fully-equipped small studio space.
A network of independent filmmakers in the American southeast. The main chapters is in Augusta, GA, with other chapters in Columbia, SC, and Charleston, SC. They work to bring together local filmmakers of all skill levels.
Georgia Film Office
This organization is engaged in bringing film and television production to Georgia. The office maintains a locations database of thousands of properties, and provides scouting assistance as well as certifying projects for the tax incentive. With its temperate climate, great variety of locations, the world’s busiest airport, large crew base and pro-business focus, Georgia is now a leading destination in the world for filming.
Reel Crew Registration
The Georgia Film Office provides free listings in their Production Directory to Georgia resident crew and Georgia support services? If you are in the industry, make sure you're registered with them!