Swamp Treks will bring nature to life for 3rd – 8th grade children. Focused on making the outdoors exciting, Swamp Treks makes it fun to gain respect for the environment and to enjoy wildlife. Split into two age groups, 3rd – 5th, and 6th – 8th, children will explore a new topic each month. Each morning starts with a hike that leads into a hands-on nature based activity. Regular participation is not required, but is welcome! Come learn about animals, camping and survival skills, nature printing, bees, and more!
· November: Art in Nature (patterns and seed art)
· December: Nature Printing (with John)
· January: Survival (camp fire meal making)
· February: Birding (DIY bird feeders and nests)
· March: Why things float (boat racing challenge)
· April: Survival (fire building techniques, make s’more)
· May: Pollinators (make insect hotels)
· June: Can you Find This? (photo scavenger hunt)
· July: Water is Wet (water games)
· August: Camp Out
· September: Plant life (make terrariums)
· October : Awesome Animals (animal communication games)
· November: Past, Present and Future (history of swamp and walking stick designing)
Register online below or by calling 706-396-1426. Spaces are limited.