Free (Or Almost Free) Things to Do This Summer
Summer fun doesn't have to be hard on your wallet! There are plenty of inexpensive ways to get out and explore Augusta's River Region. Here are 10 things for $10 or less to do in Augusta and the region. You can also check out our Free Things to Do page for year-round suggestions!
Local Pro Tip: Pick a Wednesday game to root for the GreenJackets. The park runs a special on Big Beers, Brats & BBQ with $3 big beers, $1 off brats and they also have signature barbeque menu items.
Summer Top 10
1. Summer Film Series : Catch a matinee movie at the historic Imperial Theatre. Films in the series include Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Dreamgirls, and Big Hero 6. Cost per person: FREE!
2. Super Awesome Story Time : Bring the kids to The Book Tavern for a morning of fun in downtown. Local readers select a special book and after the reading, kids can join in a fun demonstration or make a craft. Cost per person: FREE!
3. Augusta Canal Tours : Get an outdoors history lesson and spot animals and plants along the Canal. Afterwards, spend a little time wandering the Discovery Center to get an interactive history experience. Cost per person: $10
4. GreenJackets Baseball : Root for the Augusta GreenJackets at home games throughout the summer. Fireworks, concerts and other special promotions make a night out at SRP Park even more affordable. Cost per person: $9 for General Admission Tickets
5. Find Waldo in Downtown Augusta : Waldo is hiding in more than two dozen local businesses in Downtown Augusta - can you find him? Grab a passport from The Book Tavern and get busy filling it as you spot this popular character around town from July 4th through August 3rd. Cost per person: FREE!
6. U.S. Army Signal Corps Museum : Head out to Fort Gordon and view more than 10,000 artifacts on display in exhibits that trace the development of the Signal Corps from its beginning in 1860, through the present day. Cost per person: FREE!
7. Mondays at the Museum : Kids will love being able to connect Augusta's history with their lives today at the Augusta Museum of History. Cost per person: $4
8. Artrageous Family Sunday : The entire family can enjoy a Sunday afternoon of interactive art at the Morris Museum of Art. Cost per person: FREE!
9. Extreme Theatre Games : The first Friday of each month, Le Chat Noir hosts two teams on a quest for improvisational and comedic domination. Cost per person: $8
10. Valton Murray : Stop by the Westobou Gallery to explore this exhibition by Georgia artist Valton Murray, curated by Shannon Morris, Gallery Director, Mary S. Byrd Gallery of Art, Department of Art and Design. Murray’s life-long career as a visual artist has led him to exhibit widely throughout the State of Georgia, and he has garnered national acclaim as an artist. Having exhibited in The Kennedy Center and featured in the House of Blues Collection, Murray continues to attract collectors and receive awards for his art. Cost per person: FREE!