Summer fun doesn't have to be hard on your wallet! There are plenty of inexpensive ways to get out and explore Augusta's River Region. Here are 10 things for $10 or less to do in Augusta and the region. You can also check out our Free Things to Do page for year-round suggestions!
Local Pro Tip: Grab some ice cream and an awesome selfie with a giant ice cream cone at Flanigan's Ice Cream Parlor!
Summer Top 10
1. Movies on the Common : Grab your blanket or chair and head down to the Augusta Common for a movie under the stars in July and August. Cost per person: FREE!
2. Super Awesome Story Time : Bring the kids to The Book Tavern for a morning of fun in downtown. Local readers select a special book and after the reading, kids can join in a fun demonstration or make a craft. Cost per person: FREE!
3. Tours from the Top : New for summer 2016, the Augusta Canal is taking their boat tours to the head gates in Columbia County for a new twist on a local favorite. Cost per person: $10
4. Greenjackets Baseball : Root for the Augusta Greenjackets at home games throughout the summer. Fireworks, concerts and other special promotions make a night out at Lake Olmstead Stadium even more affordable. Cost per person: $9 for General Admission Tickets
5. Hopelands Summer Concert Series : Monday evenings during the summer, enjoy live music surrounded by the beautiful landscape at Hopelands Gardens in Aiken. Well behaved pets are welcome as well! Cost per person: FREE!
6. U.S. Army Signal Corps Museum : Head out to Fort Gordon and view more than 10,000 artifacts on display in exhibits that trace the development of the Signal Corps from its beginning in 1860, through the present day. Cost per person: FREE!
7. Mondays at the Museum : Kids will love being able to connect Augusta's history with their lives today at the Augusta Museum of History. August's Monday at the Museum will focus on historical vacations. Cost per person: $4
8. Artrageous Family Sunday : The entire family can enjoy a Sunday afternoon of interactive art. The Morris Museum hosts the Morris Summer Olympics in August with art-themed competitions for all ages. Cost per person: FREE!
10. Out of Africa Exhibit : Stop by the Arts & Heritage Center of North Augusta to see more than 80 pieces of African art created primary in the 19th & 20th centuries in more than 20 countries on the African continent. Cost per person: FREE!