Develop New Attractions
Augusta combines the best of Southern charm with amenities rarely found in small towns: superior medical services, higher education, recreational and cultural opportunities. In our changing economy, people increasingly seek the best surroundings and quality of place along with an active, engaged local community.
Over the next five years, the Augusta CVB, Greater Augusta Arts Council, Augusta Canal Authority, and other partners will work with the community to:
- Develop unique new tours of Augusta via golf cars
- Develop public art throughout Augusta
- Advocate for the development of the new River Destination Center
- Expand and enhance Augusta's bike/pedestrian/water recreation network
- Foster the creation of an International Soul Festival infused with James Brown inspired music and southern food